The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other Idols & Other Shows (http://haleyfans.com/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: I'm Casey and I just got signed. (/thread-471.html)

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - My Alter Ego - 07-29-2014

^^LOL! Leave it to Casey to play a "stand up bass" from an easy chair.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - lauraliz - 07-29-2014

(07-29-2014, 06:50 PM)john Wrote:

Back when he was making his cd in London. That was a cool time getting tidbits about what was going on from him on twitter. I wonder if instagram was invented then? Ha--I don't even remember

[split] Haley Reinhart's funky a$$ reality project - My Alter Ego - 07-31-2014

(07-31-2014, 06:23 PM)Tusk Wrote:
Quote:Tusk ‏@HaleysTusk 5m
Watch @JSaysKnee have that "God Bless The Child" WTF moment listening to @HaleyReinhart hit a note @4:06
http://youtu.be/267tzX6H2lM?t=3m40s

When I listened to this yesterday, a number of thoughts went through my mind regarding Quinton. Yesterday, I decided not to comment, but listening again, I can't restrain myself. I'm on the fence about Quinton's keyboard abilities: I've heard some really good things from him -- I've also heard stuff that was really unimpressive.

However, I can speak with some authority when it comes to his playing of brass instruments. And with that authority, I can say that, whether Quinton wants to play a trombone or a trumpet, he needs to do some serious "woodshedding." While his tone on trombone isn't dreadful, it does display a lack of mature playing. (I don't know how long Quinton been playing "at" trombone.) In addition, his technique is, at best, sloppy.

About his trumpet playing, his tone is at about a grade school level, and his technique is equally as sloppy as his trombone playing. That said, if he's determined to play a brass instrument, he should really select one or the other and then concentrate on becoming proficient. The difference in the size of the mouthpiece on each instrument (the trumpet small, the trombone large) requires very different muscles in the embouchure (which isn't simply the mouth, but the cheek muscles as well), so it would be a rare individual who can do both (and I think I've heard of it, but can't remember who it was). Currently, Quinton isn't close to being able to play both well.

I've said that because of Casey's musical skills, he tends to draw to him other very gifted musicians. Quinton is an exception -- and I'm not quite sure why he's there. Perhaps, Casey's trying to test his "music educator" cred. And I'm all for "encouraging" people to challenge themselves -- that's what I learned from the dearest person in my life. But there needs to be some judgement calls about how "those challenges" are put before the public -- preferably the person(s) making them would be -- the "challenged."

RE: Haley Reinhart's funky a$$ reality project - Tusk - 07-31-2014

I think initially he was tabbed to be Casey's keyboard player tho I think Casey likes his partners to be multi instrumentally proficient (?)

I say that because at CityWalk, Many Haliens including Rachel, Stephanie Tim, Greg Mona were there. Unexpectedly, the Abrams arrived. We showed them a lot of love, gushing about Casey. I gave them each, one for Casey, one of the Moanin TShirts I made which started a conversation with Casey's Dad, Ira.

I think our enthusiasm really pumped up the Abrams because Ira talked, excitedly about these 'new' musicians Casey was playing with. I don't recall what he said about Jacob, but I do remember he was effusively praising Quinton. He talked about how amazing of a keyboard player and musician he was, he can't wait to see his son perform with them

I think it stuck in my mind because I was talking to him about Keith, whether he knew who he was, at the time.

I don't know about the technical, philosophical or techniques of music, just that there must be something in Quinton for people, specifically, Casey to want to perform with him, include him in his band

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - My Alter Ego - 08-01-2014

Quote:I think initially he was tabbed to be Casey's keyboard player tho I think Casey likes his partners to be multi instrumentally proficient (?)

I say that because at CityWalk, Many Haliens including Rachel, Stephanie Tim, Greg Mona were there. Unexpectedly, the Abrams arrived. We showed them a lot of love, gushing about Casey. I gave them each, one for Casey, one of the Moanin TShirts I made which started a conversation with Casey's Dad, Ira.

I think our enthusiasm really pumped up the Abrams because Ira talked, excitedly about these 'new' musicians Casey was playing with. I don't recall what he said about Jacob, but I do remember he was effusively praising Quinton. He talked about how amazing of a keyboard player and musician he was, he can't wait to see his son perform with them

I think it stuck in my mind because I was talking to him about Keith, whether he knew who he was, at the time.

Tusk, thank you for confirming what I suspected, but hadn't taken the time to confirm: that Quinton had been the piano player at City Walk. I've spent the past 3(+) hours going through the City Walk thread, listening to those videos of Casey's set to hear him, and what I really hear is someone who's fairly competent, but not inspired.

And let's look at this: Casey, Jacob, and Haley are "off the charts" creative -- and Quinton is "competent." Add to that a pre-disposition of Quinton's to try keep the attention on him during improv solos.

Someone mentioned Haley's reaction/attempt to signal to him that he needed to end his melodica improv during a Room 5 show (the most recent, I think). Then they "take it to the streets" and he continues the same pattern any time improv solos are thrown his direction. He finds a "riff" and he just keeps repeating that, over and over, and over and... He's reluctant/unwilling to relinquish control.

And now, he's trying to add some other instruments that he will barely play well. Color me unimpressed! I'd really like to be supportive of the guy -- I really, really would. But thus far, he hasn't even earned my support, much less respect.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - john - 08-02-2014

Okay, sometimes it is cringeworthy. Dodgy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=267tzX6H2lM#t=40

Here we see Haley Undecided as the melodica solo goes on (and on)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC4wuoOCAG4#t=239

Ah, dueling melodicas Sad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8aUrMhT3Y8#t=145

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - My Alter Ego - 08-02-2014

LOL. John, thanks for compiling the "incriminating evidence" in one spot. I think that I can now say the prosecution rests.

Perhaps Quinton suffers from performance anxiety, although it doesn't seem as though he does. Whatever, I certainly would love to know what Casey's dad is hearing from Quinton that made him "effusively praise" the guy.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - john - 08-07-2014

Quote:Casey Abrams Verified account
‏@CaseyBassy
GingerBread gig @ Squashed Grapes was super fun.
Let this be a warning, I might Caress you at any moment at our shows
[Image: Buczb_VCQAA1c6q.jpg]

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - john - 08-07-2014

Caitlin Linney & Casey Abrams - "All In" (partial) at Room 5 Cool
I think this is from October 2013 although she just put it up.

Nice of that guy to set up his camera right in front of this one.

Caitlin raised $7,750 on Kickstarter in 2011 to record an album.

Caitlin sang on the Stuck in London video that Casey and his friends made.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - My Alter Ego - 08-10-2014

Casey Abrams: From modest beginnings to headliner – Casey Abrams recalls picking up trash as an Idyllwild Arts Academy student to get to watch the Jazz in the Pines festival for free. Now he’s headlining that fundraiser for the Idyllwild Arts Academy jazz program and performing with the man who founded it, his former instructor and life mentor, Marshall Hawkins. – Read more at the Desert Sun

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/idol-headlines-for-81014.htm

From the Desert Sun:

TDS: What was it like playing Jazz in the Pines the first time?

ABRAMS: It was incredible. It was way cooler than I even imagined. There were a lot of people in the audience and I got to play with my boy (saxophonist) Jacob Scesney, who actually went to school with me. And Marshall stopped by for a couple of songs.

What can we expect from you this year?

I like to keep surprises. And when I say surprises, it actually means I have no idea what’s going to happen. But that’s the beauty of it. That’s jazz. The audience is listening to something you’re creating on the spot and, at the same time, you’re hearing it for the first time as well. So you’re in the same spot as the audience, in some ways.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/life/entertainment/music/2014/08/09/casey-abrams-idyllwild-festival/13846413/