The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other Idols & Other Shows (http://haleyfans.com/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: I'm Casey and I just got signed. (/thread-471.html)

RE: Connections -- Haley's Musical Buddies - My Alter Ego - 11-28-2014

Am I the only one sensing that Casey's sophomore album will be entitled "Song in the Key of Weird"??Big Grin

Midnight, I don't know that Casey is necessarily referring to playing the entire chord with the "sharp 9" -- he may just like what would be the ninth if the chord were played.

Tusk, a "sharp 9" would certainly put a lot of edge into a song. My ear isn't good enough to know if that's what he's playing, but there are certainly a lot of "edgy" notes in his solo (which also sets a nice stage for Haley to play with when she jumps back in).

RE: Connections -- Haley's Musical Buddies - midnightblues - 11-28-2014

Yeah I like to play in the Major and Minor chords, there a lot easer to play The Minor 7th chord is a sad or blues chords , the Major cords are what the call Happy chords. Stevie Ray couldn't read music he played what he felt from the heart.Hendrix was all over the neck and way above his time . Casey plays with a lot of Bar chords and sometimes tunes his guitar other than the standard A 440 Hz Smile

RE: Connections -- Haley's Musical Buddies - Tusk - 12-02-2014

Quote:Tusk ‏@HaleysTusk 4s4 seconds ago
#HowIsItPossible this was 3 years ago? #TimeFlies
@HaleyReinhart @CaseyBassy "Baby it's Cold Outside" LALive 12/2/11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDoz9o1GUFQ

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - john - 12-03-2014

Casey performing CMAR in 2013.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Tom22 - 12-03-2014

I mentioned (elsewhere) the fiasco I had with my camera slipping into a crack in the booth as soon as I tried to prop it up covertly when I saw the Casey show November 13th.

I enjoyed the show and of course a live show is always a step better than recordings on YouTube . He worked the crowd and they had silly gags and stuff as well as his great music.

One thing I did note was that there were only 60 or so people in the 300 person room and while that might not be too bad for 10 pm on a Thursday night the economics of it have to be really rough. At less than $20 a ticket that's only a $1200 "gate" and I would imagine Yoshiis would have taken a slice of that ....even though they probably make most of their money selling food and drinks. Say Casey got $1000... he'd have to pay transportation costs and lodging costs and give the two guys with it some money and....
... wow that's not a lot of money for a drive up there from LA... hard for guys to pay their rent in a shared apartment spending almost two days to say get $200. ?

Hopefully they had other things to do in the SF bay area ... that they wanted to do for professional or recreational reasons and better yet get paid a bit more for.

The guys looked a bit less than excited... almost tired as if they had done another couple gigs in quick succession (had they gone to other cities right before?). It didn't influence their play... and maybe I'm just read too much in.

Being a Musician like that is no easy road..that's for sure.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Tusk - 12-03-2014

It's more grim than even that, some of these gigs, at least some of the ones Haley'd been doing (like at Anqi) are 'non-paying', maybe they get a free meal, maybe a couple of drinks, but for the most part, I doubt these guys 'rely' on income, if any, they get from these smaller performing gigs.

I think playing music (with friends), getting in touch with their fans, 'face time' and keeping 'in practice' playing in a band, as well as being seen (networking) pays more dividends than actual 'cash'.....

As much as I've always said I'd love for Haley to tour so that fans across the country can see her, "The Road" and constant gigging, the cost and managing of it, unless you can fill decent sized venues (in the thousands), is not worth the small amount of cash return...

I can see why Haley's looking for another way to get where she wants to go. Touring day and night, pouring your soul into your performances, nightly, only to have paltry monetary return just isn't necessarily wise. She may not get initial economic return to her liking going the 'song writing' path, but those seeds pay for the rest of your life and will accumulate.... Keep networking, making the right connections, work with people who support you, maybe have one or two songs 'hit'.... everybody has their way of getting to their destination

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - john - 12-03-2014

Casey seems to do better at the community theaters he has been playing. For example, the venue looks pretty full at his recent gig at the Bloomington Center for the Performing Arts. It has a seating capacity of about 1200 people and I would guess he may have exceeded 1000.
[Image: 10727286_360604894113969_2061627341_n.jpg]

I'm not sure if the pay him a flat fee or if it is based on ticket sales, but tickets cost $19 for this show. They may have grossed around $20K that night.

I think Casey is gradually building an audience, and activities such as his recent PMJ video certainly help. I noticed that his twitter followers are increasing in number (currently 130K), which is a good sign.
--
His show at Lake Michigan College kicked off their "Artists You Should Know" series. Tickets were priced at $25 dollars and up, and some of these gigs have meet and greets and other activities.

RE: Connections -- Haley's Musical Buddies - Tusk - 12-04-2014

[Image: 10848200_852573668126365_1609355367_n.jpg]

[Image: 10809478_1387356018223934_713704829_n.jpg]

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Miguel - 12-05-2014

Quote:Brad Miller ‏@imbradmiller 5h5 hours ago

I'm really digging Casey Abrams sound. Not sure how I've never heard of him before.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Miguel - 12-07-2014

Quote:caseybassy
55 minutes ago
Stoked to be in the new @chevyvansessions yes, this is a van I'm laying in with my bass!

[Image: 10261119_392652920885653_1990119193_n.jpg]

Quote:Casey Abrams ‏@CaseyBassy 18m18 minutes ago

Chevy Van Sessions coming soon Smile @MikeBrayMusic and I Jamming together

Mike Bray
@MikeBrayMusic

Tenacious D (Sasquatch2012), Kyle Gass Band (Lead vox, Guitar), Band of Bigfoot(Vox), Pusher(Drums), Spayce Moth (gtr vox) Songwriter

This appears to be a new, independent project by Mike Bray not related to Chevrolet.

"Live musical performances from inside a Chevy Van. Special guests, interviews, van talk, bros, beers, beards, rock and roll."